Out of Office e-mails are shit..
‘I am currently out of the office until 19th October – I will deal with your e-mail on my return’
..is pretty standard
Not for this lovely PR person though she has clearly thought about hers.. (Had to remove some of the personal details) – Is this the BEST Out of Office Ever?
Subject : Sorry, <name removed> is in Morocco now so you ain’t getting a reply until Monday 28th October
Thanks for your email – as usual, I’m delighted to hear from you, but sadly, I’m not here to hear it. I’m actually here for a week, essentially just loving life going down slides for grown ups all day:
#JealousMuch? I’ll be back on the 28th October, I won’t have any discernable tan, because I’m pale and interesting, but I probably will be three times the size and suffering from third degree waterslide burns.
If you need help in the meantime here are the opportunities to get some:
1. Email the Head of PR, my manager <name removed>, on <email removed>
2. If your inquiry is regarding Financial PR, please email
3. Consumer PR query? Email <email removed>, they’re awesome and will assemble like a PR army to get you samples/images/a telephone meeting with someone important/whatever your heart desires.
4. If it’s a corporate PR query, hit up , they also rock and and will leave you zhuzhed without you even knowing it. A delicate zhuzh is a thing of beauty, so take a moment to admire it.
5. If your query relates to an incident on our social media channels, you could try emailing <email removed>, who are our guys and girls on the ground. If you are emailing about something that requires escalation, then please email <email removed>.
THAT’S how you do an Out of Office!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.