This is a slight twist on one of my favourite Jamie Oliver recipe that is fantastic for the whole family, and this version is vegetarian!
It’s best made with small Conchiglie pasta, I’ve been making it for years for G and, and now James loves it too!
It takes around 12 minutes to make – largely because the Quorn Bacon requires next to no time to cook – most of the time, you’re just waiting for the pasta to boil!
1/2 Pack (5 Slices ish) of Quorn Frozen Bacon Style Rashers – Chopped into small pieces (1cm x 2cm) ish
300g – 400g Mini Conchiglie Shells (Depends on how hungry you are!)
300g Frozen Peas
100g of Vegetarian Parmesan (Grated) (Tesco Everyday Value Italian Style Hard Cheese is GREAT!)
150g of Cheddar (Grated)
2 Dessert Spoons of Crème Fraîche (try to avoid the low fat stuff)
Juice from one Lemon
Splash of Oil
Dash of Pepper
1. Get your Pasta cooking – check the instructions, but it’ll probably take about 10 minutes.
The steps below will take about 5 minutes to complete, so wait until the pasta has been cooking for 5 minutes or so before start.
2. Put the oil in a pan start and heat on a moderate setting – once the pan is hot add the Quorn Bacon – remember it’s not like ‘real’ bacon and cooks *really* quickly.
3. After a minute or so put the peas into the pan with the Quorn Bacon and mix it well.
4. Let them cook together for a minute and then add the Crème Fraîche give it a good stir in.
5. Chuck in the Cheddar Cheese and mix it all together.
6. By now hopefully the pasta is cooked – turn the heat down on the Cheesy / Pea / Bacon mix and drain the pasta – chuck the cook pasta into the pan with your mix and give a good stir.
7. Stir in the Parmesan and Lemon Juice and let it cook for a minute or so, and you’re done!
Thanks to the nice folks at Quorn for sending me some vouchers to try some of their products.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.