To celebrate National Vegetarian Week this week, and also raise awareness of June 15th 2015 being World Meat Free Day I thought I’d share a great recipe with you for Vegetarian Pulled Pork (Quorn) with Pink Coleslaw. I was taught this at the Underground Cookery School during the #QuornCooks Event last week.
It’s *really* straight forward, and although the recipe is designed to serve ten people, it can be scaled down or up accordingly. I’ve illustrated it with some of the event photos taken by the wonderful Preston Perfect Photography, and a couple of my own!
Serves – 10
Prep / Cooking time – 15mins / 15mins
10 Quorn Fillets (defrosted)
200ml Barbecue Sauce
10 Buns (try Brioche Buns)
150g White Cabbage, finely shredded
150g Red Cabbage, finely shredded
150g Carrots, grated
100g Red Onion, finely chopped
4tbsp Mayonnaise, Low fat variety or Natural Yoghurt
1tsp Dijon mustard
Squeeze of Lemon Juice
1. Shred the Quorn Fillets and mix with the Barbecue Sauce.
2. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes to marinade.
3. Mix all the Coleslaw ingredients together, it’s best to do this by hand.
4. Put the marinated Quorn onto a baking tray and cook at 180ºC (Gas Mark 4) for 15 minutes.
5. Divide the coleslaw and Quorn equally among each Bun and serve.
Many thanks to the lovely folks at Quorn for inviting me to the event!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.