People love to give advice. We always have a thing or two to say to people, from friends to colleagues and sometimes even to people we just met. While it is good to give advice, it is an even better practice to also be ready to listen to the advice of others. That being said, read on for some advice you might think you do not need but is actually helpful, regardless of what situation you are in.
- You cannot please everybody – while it is good to impress people, especially people you answer to, like your immediate superior, and the like, the truth of the matter is that you will not be able to please all the people around you. It is impossible, there will always be someone who will be critical of what you do and how you do it, and trying to put so much effort into pleasing them will only bring you stress and unhappiness.
- Learn to listen, listen to learn – sometimes we are so quick to give advice, that we forget something that is even more important, and that is to listen. Many times, people are not really looking for advice, they just want someone who is willing to hear them out without passing any judgment. You’ll be surprised to discover a lot of things about people if you just stop talking and listen to them.
- Value your relationships – as the old adage says, “no man is an island.” This is true, and as you get older, you will realize just how important it is to cultivate your relationships. You want to have people who will be there for you through thick and thin, people whose relationship with you is strong enough that even when you do not talk, or see each other often, you know that they will always be there for you. You need this kind of support system because as you grow older, you will get more responsibilities and with those come more stress.
- Value yourself – but before you cultivate the people around you, it’s also important to put yourself as a priority too. That means getting rid toxic relationships and also vices that may lead you to make wrong decisions. A good advice that you can follow is to quit drinking. This might seem impossible to you, but if you don’t quit, it might get to a point that you would become too dependent on it and it will affect your everyday life and relationships negatively.
- Don’t make hasty decisions – never ever make a decision when your emotions are heightened. Make sure your mind is clear because when you are too angry or depressed, you might just regret the decision you will make.
- There are no shortcuts – if you want to be successful, there is no other way than to work hard. Your dreams will just stay as a dream unless you work towards it. Don’t be afraid of hard work and you will see the fruits of your labor in the end.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.