The bathroom is exposed to a lot of moisture which can cause mildew and mold especially if it is not well-ventilated. This can not only damage your home but can cause health problems. That is why you need a dehumidifier.
The bathroom dehumidifier helps to get rid of excess moisture to prevent the occurrence of fungus, mold in towels and mildew odors in toiletries.
Here are four reasons why you should invest in a bathroom humidifier.
Protect your home from damage
A lot of humidity can damage your property. The excess moisture can corrode metal, peel paint and cause wood to warp. A bathroom dehumidifier gets rid of the excess moisture and prevents damage that could have occurred.
Helps to prevent ailments
Some ailments such as asthma can be triggered by excess humidity that leads to mold, mildew, dust mites and bacteria. Mold thrives at an environment that has humidity at 70% or higher. Bacteria survive best at an environment with humidity of 50% or higher. Dust mites love humid environments.
Some of the allergic reactions to these allergens include sneezing, stuffy nose, itchy and watery eyes as well as rashes on the skin. Some of these ailments are devastating and can be expensive to treat especially to those who develop when they are young.
A dehumidifier is essential to prevent the growth of allergens such as mildew, mold, bacteria, and dust mites, therefore reduce the occurrence of allergy-triggered illnesses.
Besides, you will breathe fresh air at home and enjoy spending time there. You will be less likely to develop irritation to your respiratory system or skin rashes since the air clean.
Not to mention that eating food that has mold can cause gastrointestinal problems such as vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and nausea. Sometimes you may not see the mold and end up ingesting it accidentally. A simple mistake as touching the mold and then eating without washing hands can also cause stomach problems.
A dehumidifier gets rid of the mold, which means that you will lead a much healthier lifestyle without illness caused by humidity and that is why this is a must-have.
Reduce odors in your home
An area that has mold and mildew has a rotting or a musty smell and you may be uncomfortable breathing the air there. A dehumidifier gets rid of such smells since it creates an environment that is unfavorable to mold and mildew that cause the bad smell.
The dehumidifier also improves the quality of air by removing toxins in addition to getting rid of excess moisture. In case you have a respiratory problem, you will find it easier to breathe.
Prevents mold from growing on household items
When there is humidity in the house, it causes mold to develop on furniture, clothing, curtains, towels and other household items and damages them. Items such as tools, electronics, and computer equipment corrode or rust. Food items such as cereals and vegetables become stale faster.
However, a bathroom dehumidifier gets rid of the humidity, which means that the household items do not get damaged, and foods remain fresh longer.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.