Herman, MO has a collection of vineyards that are truly impressive. They are all located near the Missouri River, close enough to get together and put on a number of Wine Trail events during the year. Each of the seven wineries has wine tasting available. Wouldn’t it be a wonderful get together for friends to organize a wine tasting party on one of the wine trail events?
Which Wineries Take Part?
The seven wineries who are members of the Hermann Wine Trail include :
- The Adam Puchta Winery
- Bias Winery and Gruhlke’s Microbrewery
- Dierberg Star Lane Tasting room
- Hermannhof Winery
- OakGlenn Vineyards & Winery
- Robller Vineyard
- Stone Hill Winery
Visit the tasting room at OakGlenn Vineyards & Winery for a wine tasting party anytime during the year. June through September, they offer entertainment on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Every Saturday they have their food court open. During October, there is Octoberfest.
Organizing a wine tasting party for special occasions can be an easy way to entertain friends and family.
Tips for Organizing a Wine Tasting Event
Plan carefully for the best wine tasting party following these five tips:
- Choose a theme or a limited area. The Hermann Wine Trail tours provide several themes for different months. April 6th is Farmer’s Table Wine Trail, the May theme is Wild Bacon wine Trail, November is Holiday Fare Wine Trail, December theme is Say cheese wine Trail, and February is the Chocolate Wine Trail. You can also organize a wine tasting party at one winery and request a theme be followed.
- Keep the party to 10 or fewer people so transportation is easier. Rideshare to involve fewer cars. Larger groups make for more cars and more-complicated logistics. The wine trails have a $30.00 per person charge, so will you pay for everyone or will the guests to pay their own way?
- Make sure to book the wine tasting tour well in advance since tickets are limited. Or, book the one winery of choice in advance. Request the special food for your party, such as cheeses and appetizers, that go well with the wine offerings.
- Make sure there will be room for guests to transport their wine purchases from tour sites. Who can visit a winery without buying a few bottles of wine for later enjoyment? The wineries have wine boxes to pack wine in. The vehicle should have space to store one box per guest or couple. So, use vehicles with enough space.
- Have everything set up at home or the starting point for guests to share the wine tasting experience and perhaps enjoy deserts and some nice music. You want the guests to be able to drive home safely.
A Wine Tasting Party at Home
If you choose to host a wine tasting event at home, you will follow the same tips as above with the added steps of choosing the wine to purchase within the theme as well as planning the cheese and appetizers to go with that wine, providing the correct glasses, ice buckets, papers and pens, plates, and water to drink after each tasting. You will need ample space for guests to stand and sit as they please. The décor should be planned to match the wine tasting theme.
Well planned wine tasting events at home or on a tour can be a memorable event for all who take part. Guest appreciate a well-planned event without glitches.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.