When you’re travelling on a budget, packing your travel luggage or bag efficiently will save you a lot of money. Also, it will definitely allow for a more convenient trip because your things are more organized.
In this post, you’ll learn some helpful travelling tips so you can pack your travel essentials more efficiently.
- Pack Clothes Compact And Neat
Stylish travelling shouldn’t just be about bringing with you the most fashionable clothes you can find in your closet. Above all else, it should be about packing your outfits in a neat and compact manner because you don’t want to wear overly wrinkled clothes, do you?
There are many ways you can pack your clothes in your suitcase neatly and compactly. These are the following:
- Rolling: It is considered as the most compact way of packing clothes. Tightly roll your clothes into compact pieces for tighter packing. Small items and clothes made of nylon and other synthetic fabrics can be rolled, such as tank tops, socks, T-shirts, sweatshirts, and pajamas. This way, you’ll be able to fit more items in your suitcase.
- Folding: This method will keep your clothes neat, especially those that easily wrinkle with rolling, such as cotton button-down shirts or linens. Always fold clothes, like pants or jeans, along their creases. By doing so, you avoid unwanted creases to show up where the clothes are folded in half. Also, unpacking quickly when you arrive at the hotel can help cut back on ironing.
- Bundle Wrapping: It’s a great technique in which clothes are packed in one solid bundle to fit snugly into your travel suitcase. This method is advised for packing skirts or dresses. Put the most wrinkle-resistant and smallest clothes on the inside part of the bundle and surround it with larger clothing pieces and garments that easily wrinkle (inner to outer). For example, you can start packing with shorts, then wrap them in knits or sweaters, jeans, short-sleeved shirts, long-sleeved shirts. You may then end the bundle with dresses, skirts, and jackets.
- Limit Your Wardrobe
Bringing a lot of clothes may cause confusion and unnecessary weight on your luggage. That’s why limiting your wardrobe is highly recommended as part of efficient travel packing. Make a list of the travel essentials you’ll need and ensure that you don’t overload your suitcase.
Efficient packing means streamlining your wardrobe as much as possible. For a week-long vacation trip, you can use the countdown method or the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 rule. Find an easy to handle luggage for more efficient packing.
Here’s how to pack a suitcase using this method:
- Bring five sets of underwear and socks.
- Bring four tops.
- Pack three bottoms.
- Pack two pairs of shoes.
- Don’t miss to bring one hat.
Note: You can adjust the list according to your needs. For instance, you can bring an exercise gear, a dress, or a swimsuit if you’ll need them.
- Pack Soles Of Shoes To The Sides
If you’re bringing at least two pairs of shoes, you can pack them with their soles to the sides of your suitcase. Through this, you can easily grab your shoes, as well as it gives you enough space for your other travel essentials.
Here’s how to pack your shoes using this technique:
- Lay your travel suitcase flat on the ground and fully open.
- Using an air-freshener, clean up your shoes to eliminate dirt and to freshen them up.
- Squeeze your underwear, socks, belts, and other small items inside your shoes.
- Protect other items by wrapping each shoe using some wrapping paper, or place them inside a bag.
- Place your shoes with the soles touching any side of the luggage’s main compartment.
- Your shoes should stay fixed, so make sure to pack your suitcase full. With the middle part of your suitcase open, you can start packing other items from there.
- Folding And Wrapping Towels And Linens
While there are linens and towels in hotels, you can always bring them if necessary. You can use wardrobe boxes and fold up your linens and towels as small as possible. For smaller towels and pillowcases, you can roll them up inside your shoes.
Also, you can wrap towels and linens around other items to save on space. For instance, if you want to bring athletic equipment (like skis or golf clubs), you can wrap them with linens and towels to keep them protected and so you could efficiently pack your things. Because towels and linens can take up a lot of space, you might want to consider bringing a separate bag for them.
- Packing High-value Items
As much as possible, bring high-value items, like jewellery, inside your hand carry. If it’s not possible, make sure to keep them secure and protected by keeping small items in Ziplock plastics or durable cases.
Now, you’re all set to your next travel adventure by following these efficient packing tips. Just remember to choose the best carry-on luggage for your items. You can fold, roll, or wrap clothes, towels, and linens based on the space and features of your suitcase. Limit your travel clothes as much as possible, and keep all your things protected from dirt and damage.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.