Congratulations, you have made the decision to cut your hair! That might have not been an easy step, but you made it. It is time to decide what haircut you want to go for! However, if you want to make the right choice, you should do your research first.
Would you like to know how to go about doing it? In that case, you came to the right place! In this article, you will find a list of tips for getting the perfect haircut, including determining your face shape and hair type and considering the hair length and color that you want to looking for references and choosing the right hair salon. Check it out!
The first thing to do is determine your face shape. Did you know that the shape of your face affects the type of haircut that you should have? Take a look at the following types of face shapes and pick the one that describes yours!
- Round face. If you have a round face, you should think about having layers cut into your hair. That will make you look more angular. Moreover, try cutting your bangs straight across your forehead.
- Square face. If you have a square face, you are lucky! You can pull off any haircut. However, if you want to check out something different, you can go for short hair with long bangs.
- Heart-shaped face. If you have a heart-shaped face, avoid having too much hair on the sides of your head. Instead, you should go for layers and side-swept bangs.
- Oval-shaped face. If you have an oval-shaped face, you should consider cutting your hair to jaw-length, but avoid curls, as they will make your jaw look wider.
Now that you know what kind of haircut you should get, it is time for you to figure out your hair type! For example, if you have thin hair, you should avoid having bangs, as it will only make your hair look thinner than it already is! On top of that, make sure that you have the necessary equipment, ideally – professional hair scissors, before you start cutting your own hair, or you might cause more harm than good.
- Straight hair. If your hair is straight, you can pretty much cut it in any way. However, if you want to have a trendy haircut, you should look for something that has many layers.
- Wavy hair. If your hair is wavy, you have two options when it comes to haircuts. You can go for shoulder-length hair and long hair. Either way, you will look amazing!
- Curly hair. If your hair is curly, you are lucky! You can rock any type of haircut. However, if you want to look extra fabulous, go for bangs that are long and swept to the side.
You need to figure out how long you want your hair to be. Remember that longer hair will take more time to maintain, so if you do not have the time to spend on it, it is better to opt for shorter hair! The other thing that you need to think about when deciding on the type of haircut that you want is the color that you are going for.
Once you know what kind of haircut to get and what color and length you want to go for, it is time for research! If you want to look great, you just need a few examples of different hairstyles that will help you get inspired. Here are a few places where you can find great advice!
Social media. Social media sites like Facebook and Instagram are great places to find help. All you need to do is search for hashtags related to different haircuts and see what results come up!
Magazines. Magazines are a great source of inspiration, as they tend to include photos of different celebrities with different haircuts.
Your hairstylist. A hairstylist is a professional who knows how to use different styles and techniques in order to make a person look their best. That is why if you want a truly successful haircut, you should ask a professional for advice.
Last but not least, before going into a hair salon and asking for a specific haircut, make sure that the place where you are going has a good reputation! There are several ways in which you can check out whether a salon is worth your time.
Check online reviews. There is no better way of finding out about a salon than reading what people have been saying about it! Just google the salon name and check out what people have been saying about it online!
Check out their website. Salons usually have websites where they show off their work. Take your time, browse through their website, and see if they seem like a good fit for you.
Getting the perfect haircut is not easy, but it is possible! You just need to do your research, think about the kind of hairstyle that you are going for, and find a great hairstylist. That way, you should be able to get your perfect haircut in no time!