Smoked Haddock & Potato Pie
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 ½ hours (approx.)
- 140ml double cream
- 150ml fish stock
- 10 basics potatoes (washed and thinly sliced with the skins on)
- 300g skinless smoked haddock fillets, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 20g fresh chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A few small knobs of butter and a generous sprinkling of cheese for the top
- Pack of purple sprouting broccoli to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200?C (180?C fan oven) or gas mark 6.
- Pour the cream into a large oven dish (2.3 litre dish) and add the fish stock – stir well.
- Add the potatoes, fish, chives, onion, salt and pepper to the cream and mix well to give an even coating.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and add a few knobs of butter on the top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for the remaining time until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve the pie with the purple sprouting broccoli dressed with a little soy sauce.
Lemon & Passion Fruit Fool
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 6 tbsp lemon curd
- 4 ripe passion fruits
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- Put the lemon curd into a small bowl
- Halve the passion fruits and spoon the pulp into a sieve resting over a bowl. Stir to separate the seeds from the juice
- Add 1tbsp of the passion fruit juice to the lemon curd and mix well
- In a large bowl, whip the cream with the icing sugar until soft peaks form. Stir in the Greek yoghurt.
- Put a dollop of yoghurt cream into the bottom of your dish/glass. Layer with a spoonful of lemon curd mixture and 1tsp of passion fruit juice. Repeat another layer of the yoghurt/cream mix and then the lemon curd and passion fruit juice. It serves 6 if you’re using small glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.